Vocatus Atque non Vocatus Deus Aderit | Deo Duce, Ferro Comitante | Vox Populi, Vox Dei

The World Needs Less Junior Therapists and More Spiritual Mentors
Life is not Relative – There Are Absolute Rights, and Absolute Wrongs

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Action's Speak Louder than Words | アクション話す言葉よりも | Facta non Verba

"I'D RATHER SEE A SERMON...



...THAN HEAR A SERMON ANY DAY".
-Anonymous

"My actions are my only true belongings; I cannot escape the consequences of my actions; my actions are the ground on which I stand".
- Buddha

|...this week will end it - I am now free to travel elsewhere for meetings.  Somewhere in our literature is says that '...while I was judging myself by my intentions, the rest of the world was judging me by my actions'.  Truly some egregious things were done to me there, and I have not rebuked my transgressors, though it was my right to do so.  However, the week ain't over yet.

Though my sponsor's 90 day 'sentence' to that clubhouse is not over from me quite yet, I am already light years ahead of where I was when I started there. Though I can honestly say that I've witnessed and experienced some truly depravaed manifestations of untreated alcholism (ME ME ME ME ME ME), I can also say that this has been - bar none - the greatest learning experience in all my years in AA.  First and foremost I am a better carrier of the our message - not a great one yet, but a better one.

Lastly, it has been proven to me yet again that as long as the book Alcholics Anonymous is available, you can get sober anywhere, even in the most sordid spot on earth.

Though I am certain that it is necessary and proper for that clubhouse to be delisted from the local meeting list (real alcholics are getting hurt there) it's not my business.  I get to simply vote with my feet and move on.

God bless us all, every one.

COG, 1st Cl.|

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome as a witness to a fools journey out of the darkness. I welcome all tidings - you are all my teachers on this path toward a meaningful and purposeful sobriety.

COG, 1st Cl.