Vocatus Atque non Vocatus Deus Aderit | Deo Duce, Ferro Comitante | Vox Populi, Vox Dei

The World Needs Less Junior Therapists and More Spiritual Mentors
Life is not Relative – There Are Absolute Rights, and Absolute Wrongs

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Rebel Without a Clue | 反叛分子毫無理解 | Confuto Fossor

If You Despise What You Have...



Consider Getting a Real Sponsor.

Perhaps One Who Can
Read. 

The Only Thing You're Being Offered Now is Untreated Alcholism, Kid.

People Die from Alcoholism.  Which is Probably Why You Have a Newcomer Chip.  Again.
___________________________

'Into the Great Wide Open'
|AKA - Grow Up and Do the Steps|

'Eddie waited till he finished high school
He went to Hollywood, got a tattoo
He met a girl out there with a tattoo too
The future was wide open

They moved into a place they both could afford
He found a nightclub he could work at the door
She had a guitar and she taught him some chords
The sky was the limit

Into the great wide open,
Under them skies of blue
Out in the great wide open,
A rebel without a clue

The papers said Ed always played from the heart
He got an agent and a roadie named Bart
They made a record and it went in the charts
The sky was the limit

His leather jacket had chains that would jingle
They both met movie stars, partied and mingled
Their a&r man said I dont hear a single
the future was wide open

Into the great wide open,
Under them skies of blue
Out in the great wide open,
A rebel without a clue

Into the great wide open,
Under them skies of blue
Into the great wide open,
A rebel without a clue'.
-Lyrics by Tom Petty


|...perhaps the greatest service my sponsor ever gave me was a gag order for five years - it was the ony way of guaranteeing that I wouldn't hurt myself or others in AA by violating the Traditions. Talking is the not the cure for Alcholism - step work is.  Until a newcomer is brought to the light of step nine, they are completely and utterly incapable of behaving appropriately anywhere - society, work, in the home, AA, etc.  By the simple act of gagging me he ensured that I did the least amount of harm, and was infused with the most amount of good.

'I'd rather step on your toes than stand on your grave' was my sponsors  battle cry whenever my lower lip trembled from his 'insensitivity'.  Today, I really do not care a rat's behind for anybody's sensiive little feelings, or their pathetic tales of woe.  'All God's kid's got troubles'.  I actually respect 'rock and roll boy' because at least he's honest - honest that he's in pain, honest that he want's to kick my tail, whatever.  I'd rather he try to kick my tail and get it out of his system than listen to bad advice from angry old timers who are basically hiding out in AA and abusing what passes for charm in that clubhouse.


Remember - Eve found satan to be charming, also, but as I recall, it didn't work out too well for Adam.  If you have a sponsor that tells you you're a winner JUST BECAUSE you haven't drank today, well, I feel sorry for him - he probably just doesn't know that he's trying to kill you.

God bless us all, every one.

COG, 1st Cl.|

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome as a witness to a fools journey out of the darkness. I welcome all tidings - you are all my teachers on this path toward a meaningful and purposeful sobriety.

COG, 1st Cl.