Vocatus Atque non Vocatus Deus Aderit | Deo Duce, Ferro Comitante | Vox Populi, Vox Dei

The World Needs Less Junior Therapists and More Spiritual Mentors
Life is not Relative – There Are Absolute Rights, and Absolute Wrongs

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Give Peace a Chance | 陰陽 | Tribuo Pacis Vicis


Tao Te Ching: Chapter 79

In bringing harmony to a situation of great enmity,
There is sure to be some animosity remaining.
How can such reconciliation be a success?


The sages, holding on to the left side of the tally, (*)
Do not demand payment from others.

Persons of character (de) take charge of the tally
While persons who are lacking in character look to calling it due.

The way of tian show no partiality;
It is really on the side of people who are good at their relationships.


|...tonight marks day 77/90 and my delight at having committed to this experience fills me with exhiliration.  Never have I been given such a wonderful eductiation on alcholism, and I have settled to my minds satisfaction why some people are content to squeak by on the bare mininum, while others, like myself, have to go all the way and finish the work.  Chapter Eight tells us that there are four classes of Alchohlism, and the most depserate cases (latter three's and full blown chronic or case four alcholics) MUST have a spiritual experience or they will die.

My only problem is when I have been shut down when I talk about the solution to Alcholism - more specifically, what happened to me.  It's funny, but in that clubhouse profanity is encourged, drugs are glorfied, violence is idolized, convicts are heroes, but the Big Book, God or the steps are laughed out of countenance.

Going to that place is a lot like being handcuffed to a pigpen - you can shower every night, but pretty soon hoof and mouth disease will follow.  My language has already taken a precipitous hit, and my temper is wearing thin.  I've already encouraged a couple of people to take a poke at me - that's always a good time.  Typically I can ignore idiots, jailbirds and morons, but not lately.

God, give me the strength and dignity to tolerate them for 13 more meetings - no more, no less.  This is a lot like Officer Candidates's School - the toughest experience of my life, but the best training I've ever had.

So it goes.

COG, 1st Cl.| 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome as a witness to a fools journey out of the darkness. I welcome all tidings - you are all my teachers on this path toward a meaningful and purposeful sobriety.

COG, 1st Cl.