Vocatus Atque non Vocatus Deus Aderit | Deo Duce, Ferro Comitante | Vox Populi, Vox Dei

The World Needs Less Junior Therapists and More Spiritual Mentors
Life is not Relative – There Are Absolute Rights, and Absolute Wrongs

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Fear Strikes Out | 天使 共に 不潔 面 | Angelus per Immunda Visio

'FEAR...


 

'...(THE) EVIL AND CORRODING THREAD'.

More about fear. This short word somehow touches about every aspect of our lives. It was an evil and corroding thread; the fabric of our existence was shot through with it. It set in motion trains of circumstances which brought us misfortune we felt we didn’t deserve".
-Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 67-

"Sometimes we think fear ought to be classed with stealing. It seems to cause more trouble".
-Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 68-

"...perhaps there is a better way - we think so. For we are now on a different basis; the basis of trusting and relying upon God. We trust infinite God rather than our finite selves...just to the extent that we do as we think He would have us, and humbly rely on Him, does He enable us to mach calamity with serenity'.

"We never apologize to anyone for depending upon our Creator. We can laugh at those who think spirituality the way of weakness. Paradoxically, it is the way of strength. The verdict of the ages is that faith means courage. All men of faith have courage. They trust their God. Instead, we let him demonstrate, though us, what He can do. We ask Him to remove our fear and direct our attention to what He would have us to be. At once, we commence to outgrow fear".
-Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 68-




|...day 85/90 and I turn my thoughts toward the trudge to the clubhouse tonight.  There's nothing more to say, really.  You are either on the path that really goes somewhere, or you are just lost.  My job now is to be of maximum service to God and others, which is to say try not to judge, help others on demand, try to remain honest, open minded and willing, and kind toward all.

My life is wonderful today because of Alcoholics Anonymous and some people I've meet in that room.  It's grand to be alive, and I owe that clubhouse a debt of gratitude.  Granted, it hasn't been my cup of tea, but the world needs trauma surgeons as well as plastic surgeons.  There are some great trauma surgeons in that room, and I could have been much more grateful.  I shall try to show how grateful I am right up until my time is up there shortly.

God bless us all, every one.

COG, 1st Cl.|

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of trauma surgeons, etc. Great analogy.
    And how lovely to see my favorite prayer here - to St. Michael the Archangel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary-

    Thanks for reading. Yes - I've come to accept 1st step clubhouses as a necessary evil. Some real good work get's done there - unfortunately, most embrace it as a way of life.

    Not for me - though I make no judgement here, simply not for me.

    Best,

    -David

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you happy trudging on your path.

    Blessings and aloha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ed-

    Thanks for the support. I've actually been accosed - twice - this week on the sidewalk by curs of the wildest description. Nobobdy ever said doing God's work was easy, and this in no excpeption. The good news is that while I've been there I've picked up a couple dozen newcomers, met a pretty girl, and just met an oldtimer who actually works the probram of AA.

    There's hope for all of yet.

    God bless and thanks again for the support.

    Best,

    -Davdi

    ReplyDelete

Welcome as a witness to a fools journey out of the darkness. I welcome all tidings - you are all my teachers on this path toward a meaningful and purposeful sobriety.

COG, 1st Cl.