Vocatus Atque non Vocatus Deus Aderit | Deo Duce, Ferro Comitante | Vox Populi, Vox Dei

The World Needs Less Junior Therapists and More Spiritual Mentors
Life is not Relative – There Are Absolute Rights, and Absolute Wrongs

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Practice These Principles in All Our Affairs - 近义词

Tradition One Checklist



'Tradition One: Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends upon AA unity'.

  1. Am I in my group a healing, mending, integrating person, or am I divisive? What about gossip and taking other members’ inventories?

  2. Am I a peacemaker? Or do I, with pious preludes such as “just for the sake of discussion,” plunge into argument?

  3. Am I gentle with those who rub me the wrong way, or am I abrasive?

  4. Do I make competitive AA remarks, such as comparing one group with another or contrasting AA in one place with AA in another?

  5. Do I put down some AA activities as if I were superior for not participating in this or that aspect of AA? (I need work here)

  6. Am I informed about AA as a whole? Do I support, in every way I can, AA as a whole, or just the parts I understand and approve of?

  7. Am I as considerate of AA members as I want them to be of me?

  8. Do I spout platitudes about love while indulging in and secretly justifying behavior that bristles with hostility?

  9. Do I go to enough AA meetings or read enough AA literature to really keep in touch?

  10. Do I share with AA all of me, the bad and the good, accepting as well as giving the help of fellowship? (I need work here)
|...AA would be a very lonely place indeed if it were just me...in fact, I'd die without you.  Day 64/90 and all I'm really certain of is that I am getting the better end of this deal.  Though I can honestly say I am working the first tradtion to the best of my ability, I fall short in thought, word and deed.  I must aim higher, I shall aim higher, I will do better, because AA is worth it.  It matters not what group I attend, at the end of the day I am responsible for being the most loving example of God's healing love that I can be.

Thank you for letting me attend your clubhouse.  Without you I am nothing.



COG, 1st Cl.|

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome as a witness to a fools journey out of the darkness. I welcome all tidings - you are all my teachers on this path toward a meaningful and purposeful sobriety.

COG, 1st Cl.