Vocatus Atque non Vocatus Deus Aderit | Deo Duce, Ferro Comitante | Vox Populi, Vox Dei

The World Needs Less Junior Therapists and More Spiritual Mentors
Life is not Relative – There Are Absolute Rights, and Absolute Wrongs

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Don't Give Up - 作戰篇第

'There is No Gene for the Human Spirit'



Invictus


Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstances
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeoning of change
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the year
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.


-William Ernest Henley



|...Ali*a...you are God's precious child, and you are my inspiration.  I love you so much for helping me get past my grief...with less than 60 days you saved my life, and showed me that redemption is always possible in AA.

I love you Ali*a, and I am so proud of you;  though life seems rough now, if you don't give up, you'll find yourself is a place of inconceivable peace and serenity.  You deserve so much more than life has given you, and I promise you:  God is watching - your efforts will not go unrewarded, your love will not go unreturned, and your kindness to me, a grizzled old member of AA who faltered in his darkest hour, will not go unforgotten.  Thank you for caring for me when I had literally nowhere to go, nobody to turn to, not a friend to be had in this very sad town.

Don't give up - you have friends.

COG, 1st Cl.|



1 comment:

  1. When we seek redemption we are shown the barrier that blocks THE PROMISE that all Debts are forgiven. Thank you for the reminder that my life is mine. The meaningfulness of that life is in service of others. Thank you My teacher, My friend kvn

    ReplyDelete

Welcome as a witness to a fools journey out of the darkness. I welcome all tidings - you are all my teachers on this path toward a meaningful and purposeful sobriety.

COG, 1st Cl.