Vocatus Atque non Vocatus Deus Aderit | Deo Duce, Ferro Comitante | Vox Populi, Vox Dei

The World Needs Less Junior Therapists and More Spiritual Mentors
Life is not Relative – There Are Absolute Rights, and Absolute Wrongs

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Drama Queens Unite - 歌舞伎

I'm Special and Different!


'Tonights Award Goes to...'


Are We REALLY Doing our Best?
It matters not to me what anyone's best is, you understand; God gives us whatever talents he chooses to fulfill whatever purpose He has for us - I do not presume to know what God's will is for other people. However, I do get irked when I hear people cry with a loaf of bread under each arm when the person next to them is doing their very best and going hungry.  Stop complaining long enough to see if the other guy maybe has it worse than you.

Get Over Yourself

Shame on you – if you're in AA and you have more than 90 day and you’re not sticking your hand out to newcomers - wake up, put the tissues away and help the person who really needs it. You are a thief - you are withholding the peace and ease AA has given you. We get it – daddy touched you, she left you, WHATEVER your drama is - BOO HOO - the tune is getting a little old already. Do an inventory and drop the rock – PLEASE.

Stop Wasting Tissues and Start Helping Newcomers

This evening somebody actually admitted to us out loud that they intentionally wait out newcomers to see if they really meant business before extending the loving hand of AA. That particular ditty is just so evil I felt violated – no no no no no no – page 20 tells us ‘…that our very lives as ex-problem drinkers depends on our constant thought of others and how we may meet their needs’. Let me help you with this one: it means SHUT UP! I wish we could install a spanking machine in that room sometimes. That little stunt made me feel so dirty and ashamed to be in AA I had to run home and take a shower.

Ask for Help If You Need a Clue

If you need directions on how to help others, we’ve got a whole chapter on that – it’s called – wait for it - ‘Working With Others’. Talk less and read more if you don’t get it yet. Unlike cancer, we have a safe and effective treatment for alcoholism – it’s on pages 84 & 85

AA is Life and Death – For the Real Alcoholic

In case you don’t understand by now, the penalty for being a crybaby is DEATH. The penalty for being special is DEATH. The penalty for being unique is DEATH. I know – I have both. Unfortunately, the death will probably not be yours – it’s probably the newcomer you’re betting will get their recover through – excuse me – osmosis? Alcoholics Anonymous is written on a 3rd grade reading level. If you can pronounce the word ‘osmosis’, then you can probably read. If that is so, kindly take a breather from you pathetic tale of woe and finish the steps, already. We need the help. God needs warriors - the back yard is full of ribbon clerks. Stop sniveling, stop gossiping, roll up your sleeves and stick your hand out to a newcomer, already.

I Am Grateful for that Clubhouse

Tonight was my 62&63rd/90 meetings at my beloved clubhouse and I am so glad they are not calling me – I am learning more about AA watching them kill newcomers than I ever could flapping my gums. There is so much peace in silence! The good news is my car if full of men every night eager to accept what I have been so freely given. It is a most fertile fishing ground; I get a fresh supply of inspiration on a nightly basis.

Thank God for AA – without AA I’d either be miserable beyond description or dead. And I thank God for that clubhouse – it has never failed to help me connect to the Power of God by keeping me fully supplied with the cure for alcoholism – newcomers who want to go through the work.

However, tonight wasn't a total loss. At the end of the second meeting I heard a guy say something that gave me so much hope - "...not everybody who smiles at you is your friend, and not everybody who frowns at you is your enemy"...truer words have never been spoken. I identify, my brother.

From the bottom of my heart I thank you all, and I fear I will miss more of you than I realize. Despite myself I am falling in love with all of you, for there is a little bit of me in all of you. Some of you I love so much I have to keep my distance.

Yours in love and service,

COG, 1st Cl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome as a witness to a fools journey out of the darkness. I welcome all tidings - you are all my teachers on this path toward a meaningful and purposeful sobriety.

COG, 1st Cl.