Vocatus Atque non Vocatus Deus Aderit | Deo Duce, Ferro Comitante | Vox Populi, Vox Dei

The World Needs Less Junior Therapists and More Spiritual Mentors
Life is not Relative – There Are Absolute Rights, and Absolute Wrongs

Thursday, September 17, 2009

I am the Sheep Gate


The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures;
He leadeth me beside the still waters,
He restoreth my soul.
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name' sake.


Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For thou art with me;
Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies;
Thou annointest my head with oil; My cup runneth over.


Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever.

-KJV

|...today was the 53rd of 90 meetings in the 1st step club my spiritual advisor has lovingly suggested I attend. Each day I grow a little stronger, and I feel closer to God and my fellows. For the first time in a very long while, I am absolutely certain I managed to speak my truth quietly and clearly, avoiding vexation and judgement. 'Twas such a peaceful day, much like that passage from our Book - 'it was the end of a perfect day - not a cloud on the horizon.



All of my students visited me at work during lunch, and we had a 90 minute AA meeting in a private room where the format consisted of contemplative prayer, Chakra Balancing meditation, followed by a one paragraph study of page 132 (otherwise know as 'the art of happiness'), followed by Contemplative Prayer, followed by Shamatha Mediation.  Absolutely joyous!  One of my stray sheep even came back into the fold...D. of the 46th St. M.'s, I salute you. Coming back under contract shows a great deal of humility and courage - you've got heart.  Miles and miles of heart.


Each of my students dutifully recited a paragraph of our Book before sharing, and the last one - a beautiful young man who also has miles of heart - was jeered and heckled from an embarrassingly unconscious lout who is quite frankly cruel and unusual.  I let it go once - the Chairperson is empowered by our Traditions to keep order.  I let it go twice - everybody get's the benefit of the doubt.  However, do it a third time and it's time for me to get either my rod or my staff.


My Father has seen fit that I master a most ancient and spiritual book.  If you come after my sheep again, I highly recommend you get your head together and gain a rudimentary understanding of what I've mastered. Oh, by the way, you may want to get into shape first.


I love all my brothers, but when one of my sheep is fighting for his life by following a few simple directions and following the traditions, I cannot hold out any hope for you.


Unconsciousness is a very painful way to live.  It is your choice to sit in the dark - but please don't make me come back there again;  I cannot promise you mercy a second time.  Not when my student's life is at risk.


You may consider yourself given fair warning.  Hurt one of my sheep again, and I can hold out no hope for you.


COG, 1st Cl.|

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome as a witness to a fools journey out of the darkness. I welcome all tidings - you are all my teachers on this path toward a meaningful and purposeful sobriety.

COG, 1st Cl.