Vocatus Atque non Vocatus Deus Aderit | Deo Duce, Ferro Comitante | Vox Populi, Vox Dei

The World Needs Less Junior Therapists and More Spiritual Mentors
Life is not Relative – There Are Absolute Rights, and Absolute Wrongs

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Why We Were Chosen









G
od 
in his wisdom chose this group of men and women to carry the message of his goodness. In choosing them he did not go to the proud, the mighty, the famous or the brilliant. He went instead to the humble, to the sick, to the unfortunate. He chose the drunks, the so-called weaklings of the world. Well might he have said to us:

"Into your weak and feeble hands I have entrusted a power beyond estimate. To you has been given that which has been denied to the most learned of your fellows. Not to scientists, not to statesmen, not even to my priests or ministers have I given this gift of healing that I entrust to you.

It must be used unselfishly; it carries with it grave responsibility. No day can be too long; no demands upon your time can be too urgent; no case can be too hopeless; no task too hard; no effort too great. It must be used with tolerance for I have restricted its application to no race, no creed and no denomination. Personal criticism you must expect; lack of appreciation will be common; ridicule will be your lot; your motives will be misjudged. You must be prepared for adversity, for what men call adversity is the ladder you must use to climb toward spiritual perfection. And remember, in the exercise of this power, I will not ask of you beyond your capability.


You are not chosen because of exceptional talents. And be careful always, if success should come your way, not to ascribe to personal talent that which is really only my gift. If I had wanted learned men to accomplish this mission, the power would have been given to the physician and scientist. If I had wanted great speakers, there would have been many anxious for the assignment, for talk is the easiest used of all the talents with which I have endowed mankind. If I had wanted scholars, the world is filled with better-qualified men and women who would be available. You were chosen because you have been the outcasts of the world and your long experience as alcoholics and addicts has made you - or should make you - humble and alert to the cries of distress that come from the lonely hearts of alcoholics everywhere.


So go and carry this message to all who still suffer and keep ever in mind the admission you made of your own powerlessness and your own unmanageability.


Remember, I am with you always".

 -Anonymous


|...my spiritual advisor constantly reminds me that if I carry THIS message, most will not like me, some may even hate me, but everyone will repsect me.  And at the end of the day, respect is all any of us can really hope for.  The only other alternative is to seek to be liked, and to do that, one must constantly negotiate away all moral fiber unitl once is just another unconconscious traveller of the lowest of all possible road.  I choose to walk in His path, becuase though 'the pay may not be that great, the benefits are beyond description, and the retirement package is out of this world.


To my friends at Ropongi Lutheren Monday Night BB Study - I am proud of you.  Don't let the petty English/Japanese AA nonsense get you down.  They all know you carry this message, and because they are still unconscious, they will hate your for it. Stay on the path - you are all my heros.

COG, 1st Cl.|

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome as a witness to a fools journey out of the darkness. I welcome all tidings - you are all my teachers on this path toward a meaningful and purposeful sobriety.

COG, 1st Cl.