Vocatus Atque non Vocatus Deus Aderit | Deo Duce, Ferro Comitante | Vox Populi, Vox Dei

The World Needs Less Junior Therapists and More Spiritual Mentors
Life is not Relative – There Are Absolute Rights, and Absolute Wrongs

Monday, September 28, 2009

Responsibility Pledge - 危機

I am Responsible



'I am responsible. When anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help, I want the hand of A.A. always to be there. And for that, I am responsible.'

|...I feel like that tail gunner in 'Apocalypse Now' screaming: "...I don't ‘wanna go - I don't ‘wanna go" before getting pushed off the helicopter into battle. I'd rather stay home and relax tonight instead of hearing the same old tale of woe – but my sponsor wants 90 meetings out me whether I want to go or not; God willing, tonight will mark 65/90.

My job is to be of maximum service to others right now, so I must go, I have to go, for shortly it’ll be over and I'll be free to start our Big Book Study. Every once is a while an AA meeting accidentally breaks out in that little room, but not often; usually it's the
sad tale of woe. We know how to drink, already - so do the newcomers.  THAT'S WHY THEY'RE HERE!!! The good news is I get to work on my meditation when the sharing goes dark.

The above Mandarin Chineese pictogram for 'Crisis' (
危機) is actually a contraction of two seperate pictograms - danger + opportunity.  This is exactly what is represented when a newcomer sticks their hand out.  The opportunity is to get them to God - the danger is the Dark Side won't.

COG, 1st Cl.
|

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome as a witness to a fools journey out of the darkness. I welcome all tidings - you are all my teachers on this path toward a meaningful and purposeful sobriety.

COG, 1st Cl.