Vocatus Atque non Vocatus Deus Aderit | Deo Duce, Ferro Comitante | Vox Populi, Vox Dei

The World Needs Less Junior Therapists and More Spiritual Mentors
Life is not Relative – There Are Absolute Rights, and Absolute Wrongs

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Gratiarum Actio | アクションでの感謝の気持ち | Gratitude is an Action Word

************************************************************
     There are only two paths in AA...
The Spiritual Path, and the Psychopath.

--Spaceman 'OT', the Too Early Meeting, San Francisco CA Sept. 2001
************************************************************
     Still more wonderful is the feeling that we do not have to be specially distinguished among our fellows in order to be useful and profoundly happy...these are the permanent and legitimate satisfactions of right living for which no amount of pomp and circumstance, no heap of material possessions, could possibly be substitutes.
 
--Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions (124)
************************************************************
     The joy of living we really have, even under pressure and difficulty.  I have seen hundreds of families set their feet in the path that really goes somewhere; have seen the most impossible domestic situations righted; feuds and bitterness of all sorts wiped out...there is scarcely any form of trouble and misery which has not been overcome among us.  
  
--Alcoholics Anonymous (15:2)
************************************************************
     22-Aug-15:  Happy Saturday everyone!  

     Just got home at 1:45 AM after after an 18 hour work day.  Wasn't supposed to be that long, but a global change we made blew up, and team's job was to walk it back.  

     Was I really needed there, well no, not functionally.  But I cannot ask a man to put in those kind of hours away from his family unless I am willing to do it also.  Let alone 150 of them.  This action is called 'leadership by example', and a trait in oh! so rare supply it seems.  Moreover, afterwards on the train ride home I was overwhelmed with gratitude my eyes welled up with tears...why?  Because I have a job - a great job.  I don't HAVE to go to work, I GET to go to work.  I don't HAVE to manage staff, I GET to manage staff.  It is a blessing to love what you do and be in very high demand for it. I cannot imagine living any other way.  God has been very good to me.  This is not bad progress for a man who used to pee his bed every night.

     Simply put, these 'new ideas' our book promises will come true in our lives if we let go absolutely and surrender to this simple process of applying spiritual principles in all our affairs.  When I came to you people 21 years ago I was quite literally a savage, in thought word and deed.  Today, as a direct output of completing the first nine steps and relentlessly hammering away at 10,11 & 12 I have what Chuck C. referred to as 'a new pair of glasses', or as our book would say 'a new attitude and outlook upon life. Steps I put into my life kicking and screaming and knowing they would not work.  

     And yet!  here I am. Against my will it seems I have become a gentlemen of sorts and a true man of God at most;  imperfect, faltering sometimes maybe, but ardent always.  

     This is such an easier way to live.  The twelve steps are not 'the easier, softer way', they are the only way.  I never want to go back to that cave again.

     I love you all.  Thank you for my life.

     Yours in love and service,

--COG, 1st Class.
************************************************************




No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome as a witness to a fools journey out of the darkness. I welcome all tidings - you are all my teachers on this path toward a meaningful and purposeful sobriety.

COG, 1st Cl.