Vocatus Atque non Vocatus Deus Aderit | Deo Duce, Ferro Comitante | Vox Populi, Vox Dei

The World Needs Less Junior Therapists and More Spiritual Mentors
Life is not Relative – There Are Absolute Rights, and Absolute Wrongs

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Sunlight of the Spirit | 和神 | Sic Transit Gloria

Step Ten
'Many Atheists went into space, but none returned'.
-Pete Conrad, Apollo 12



 An Indian Prayer

O Great Spirit Who's voice I hear in the winds and whose breath gives life to the entire world, hear me!
 I am small and weak and I need your strength and wisdom.

Let Me Walk in Beauty and make my eyes ever behold the red and purple sunset.
Make My Hands respect the things you have made and my ears sharp to hear your voice, Make Me Wise so that I may understand the things you have taught my people;

Let Me Learn the lessons you have hidden in every leaf and rock I seek Strength, not to be greater then my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy-Myself.

Make Me Always Ready to come to you with clean hands and straight eyes, So When Life Fades, as the fading sunset, my spirit may come to you without shame.

Aho!

~Author Unknown

|...this is the lesson, the great lesson, the most vital lesson I've learned thus far in Alcoholics Anonymous.  Why then, do I constantly forget it?  I love a good fight - the taste of blood is familiar and sweet;  I've been fighting for my life since I've been old enough to walk, and I am good at it. God help me, I really do. However, the path to the top of the mountain is paved with forgiveness, not blood; and each time I fight, I die.

Page 55 reminds me that I have a judgement machine that is trying to kill me - a murderous villain, who comes in three simple disguises:  ego, ego, and again ego.

I fall short in thought, word and deed, and I pray that I never forget Kipling's great warning: "...if you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, yet make allowance for their doubting too...".

God help me, again I learn I am the enemy, and AA is my greatest friend.  May I never forget where I came from.

God bless us all, every one.

Sic Transit Gloria
(all fame is fleeting).

COG, 1st Cl.|

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome as a witness to a fools journey out of the darkness. I welcome all tidings - you are all my teachers on this path toward a meaningful and purposeful sobriety.

COG, 1st Cl.