Vocatus Atque non Vocatus Deus Aderit | Deo Duce, Ferro Comitante | Vox Populi, Vox Dei

The World Needs Less Junior Therapists and More Spiritual Mentors
Life is not Relative – There Are Absolute Rights, and Absolute Wrongs

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I Earned My Seat in AA | 麿 砂漠 我が 倚子 これで | Ego Meritus Meus Sessio Hic Huic Locus

"What Seemed at First a Flimsy Reed...







...Proved to be the Loving and Powerful Hand of God. A New Life has been Given Us or, if You Prefer,"A Design for Living" that Really Works. . . 

We have no desire to convince anyone that there is only one way by which faith can be acquired. If what we have learned and felt and seen means anything at all, it means that all of us, whatever our race, creed, or color are the children of a living Creator with whom we may form a relationship upon simple and understandable terms as soon as we are willing and honest enough to try. 
-Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 28




|...how many people have I heard say 'I've earned my seat in AA'?  This is not the case for me.  What I earned was a pine box in Potters field on Hart Island in NY Harbor - thank God I didn't get what I deserve.  I am sober today by God's grace and ONLY God's grace alone.

My sponsor always says to me:  'The will of God won't take you where the grace of God can't keep you'.  How true this has been in my life.  Long Beach has been a real grind for me this past year, in every way, when all of a sudden I got a burst of joy this week.  I had a date with an Angel on Saturday, a friend of mine from New Jersey showed up today from my old home group, and I was honored to be asked to speak this spring at a deal in San Diego.  When God shows up, she shows up!

Like the
prayer says:  '...I got nothing I asked for, but everything I had hoped for.  I am, amongst all men, most richly blessed'.

God bless us all, every one.

COG, 1st Cl.|

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome as a witness to a fools journey out of the darkness. I welcome all tidings - you are all my teachers on this path toward a meaningful and purposeful sobriety.

COG, 1st Cl.