Vocatus Atque non Vocatus Deus Aderit | Deo Duce, Ferro Comitante | Vox Populi, Vox Dei

The World Needs Less Junior Therapists and More Spiritual Mentors
Life is not Relative – There Are Absolute Rights, and Absolute Wrongs

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

You're a Member of AA if You Say So - 名 领受容纳;承诺

Tradition Three Checklist


'The only requirement for AA membership is a desire to stop drinking.'

  1. In my mind, do I prejudge some new AA members as losers?
  2. Is there some kind of alcoholic whom I privately do not want in my AA group? 
  3. Do I set myself up as a judge of whether a newcomer is sincere or phony? 
  4. Do I let language, religion (or lack of it), race, education, age, or other such things interfere with my carrying the message? (I need work here) 
  5. Am I over impressed by a celebrity? By a doctor, a clergyman, an ex-convict? Or can I just treat this new member simply and naturally as one sicker human, like the rest of us?
  6. When someone turns up at AA needing information or help (even if he can't ask for it aloud), does it really matter to me what he does for a living? Where he lives? What his domestic arrangements are? Whether he had been to AA before? What his other problems are? (I need work here)
|...can you even notice a different between any of these ducks?  I can't, and I'm sure God doesn't even care.  We're all beautiful in God's eye's, and the third tradition gives every 'ugly duckling' the right to find out for themselves if they belong in the pond (ok - now I think I'm in danger of over-extending the metaphor).


AA would be a very lonely place indeed if it were just me...in fact, I'd die without you.  Day 66/90 at the beautiful and lovely 'World Famous Clubhouse' and all I'm really certain of is that if I wish to remain sober I must remain connected to God in steps 10,11& 12, and to do that, I must remain connected to you. It matters not what group I attend, for at the end of the day I am responsible for being the most loving example of God's healing love that I can be.


Thank you for letting me attend your clubhouse.  Without you I am nothing.



COG, 1st Cl.|

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome as a witness to a fools journey out of the darkness. I welcome all tidings - you are all my teachers on this path toward a meaningful and purposeful sobriety.

COG, 1st Cl.