Vocatus Atque non Vocatus Deus Aderit | Deo Duce, Ferro Comitante | Vox Populi, Vox Dei

The World Needs Less Junior Therapists and More Spiritual Mentors
Life is not Relative – There Are Absolute Rights, and Absolute Wrongs

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tao Te Ching - Chapter 9



9
Fill your bowl to the brim
and it will spill.
Keep sharpening your knife
and it will blunt.
Chase after money and security
and your heart will never unclench.
Care about people's approval
and you will be their prisoner.

Do your work, then step back.
The only path to serenity.



|...my teacher has instructed me to attend 90 meetings in 90 days in a very sordid spot...each day I ask for clemency, yet each day I am instructed to return.  They've stopped calling on me, for there is nothing left to say.  Some choose to sit in the dark - that is their right. I shall continue to do my duty, as my teacher has yet to fail me.  He promised me 15 years ago that he would never abandon me, so long as '...I never ask why or say no'.  I've got a life beyond my wildest dreams, all because I've never said no to my teacher or AA.


There is so much suffering in that room - my heart is broken daily.  Forgive them Father - they know not what they do.


COG, 1st Cl.|

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome as a witness to a fools journey out of the darkness. I welcome all tidings - you are all my teachers on this path toward a meaningful and purposeful sobriety.

COG, 1st Cl.