Vocatus Atque non Vocatus Deus Aderit | Deo Duce, Ferro Comitante | Vox Populi, Vox Dei

The World Needs Less Junior Therapists and More Spiritual Mentors
Life is not Relative – There Are Absolute Rights, and Absolute Wrongs

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Unity, Service, and Recovery

If you want to be controversial, work the 12 steps.
If you can stand to be an outcast, try to uphold the 12 Traditions.
-Unknown


|...the room my spiritual teacher, friend and advisor (BB P.63) has asked me to attend on East 4th Street here in Long Beach is a very sad place - again I'll say it - there is so much suffering.  Having attended 51/90 meetings there thus far, I can tell you that I've learned to watch my thoughts through compassionate mediation, and, as always, my problems are all on page 55...it is my judgements that are trying to kill me.  I pray that all beings live in equanimity, free from attachment, aversion and indifference. 

I must also continuously endeavor to remember that in this sordid spot I've been graced with an even dozen eager students desperate to accept the message I've been taught - and they now have students of their own - and ALL of them are on their 4th step. 

Let the knaves of the Dark Side rant from the podium and denounce the Power of God's healing love; our serenity can last longer than their ranting.  Inf act, their ranting makes me stonger.

Besides, in 39 meetings, we get to go free - and we shall start the most joyous AA meeting in all of California.  90 minutes per day of prayer, mediation, Book Study and spiritual mentorship - in other words, we're going to follow to the directions.  As each day toward that 90th day ticks by, I feel like Red in the last scene of the Shawshank Redemption

God love us all, every one.


COG, 1st Cl.|

PS - Happy 90 Days, Kevin C.!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome as a witness to a fools journey out of the darkness. I welcome all tidings - you are all my teachers on this path toward a meaningful and purposeful sobriety.

COG, 1st Cl.