Vocatus Atque non Vocatus Deus Aderit | Deo Duce, Ferro Comitante | Vox Populi, Vox Dei

The World Needs Less Junior Therapists and More Spiritual Mentors
Life is not Relative – There Are Absolute Rights, and Absolute Wrongs

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Samsara - Freedom from Page 55 - Calamity, Pomp and Worship of Other Things


It's been one year hence that Our Lady called me. Leaving the parking lot at St. Mary's that night, I looked back at the statue of Our Lady in terror, love and confusion and asked if there is anything I should know - and I heard one voice as if from the mouths of thousands of angels - 'Ecclesiastes'. My dreams had been haunted for weeks with visions of the archangels Gabriel and Michael, but all the dreams ceased suddenly that night. I thought the final battle had been fought - it was only the beginning.

Not being a big bible man, it took a diversionary trip to Tokyo to figure that one out. The basic thrust of Ecclesiastes, in my view, is that all things of this earth are provided by my Father to use in moderation to enjoy in the service of Him and my fellows. That's all folks - that's all there is to this whole thing. Even the precious human souls that are put in my path are not mine to own or worship, just loaned to me to love and serve and when necessary however The Way requires , to serve as a crude instrument in their awakening process if an when the Dao calls for it. It's all so clear to me know, and it took exactly one year and great suffering to see it.

Samsara is the endless cycle of birth and suffering and death and rebirth. Life is permeated with suffering caused by desire, that suffering ceases when desire ceases, and that enlightenment obtained through right conduct and wisdom and meditation releases one from desire and suffering and rebirth
cycle.

I seek not desire - I seek freedom from attachment, aversion, and indifference. I wish to ease suffering and the causes of suffering. I pray that all beings dwell in equanimity.

Seek not Samsara, for this too, is vanity and a chasing after wind. Seek only to help your brother, and if you are pure in intention, Samsara shall be thrust upon you.

The light in me honors the light in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome as a witness to a fools journey out of the darkness. I welcome all tidings - you are all my teachers on this path toward a meaningful and purposeful sobriety.

COG, 1st Cl.