Vocatus Atque non Vocatus Deus Aderit | Deo Duce, Ferro Comitante | Vox Populi, Vox Dei

The World Needs Less Junior Therapists and More Spiritual Mentors
Life is not Relative – There Are Absolute Rights, and Absolute Wrongs

Monday, August 31, 2009

Mi Ego No es Mi Amigo


There is something quite delicious for me about feeling somewhat superior to the other guy. When I first saw this image, I quite nearly peed myself laughing, for I consider myself quite a professional success. The truth is, I DID want to become an astronaut, even went so far to study Aerospace Engineering in college, and fell short of the mark. In fact, astronauts were my heroes for years. I still remember the chills I got when Neil Armstrong planted 'Old Glory' and saluted.

Therefore, whenever I feel smugly superior to the next guy, pray God I remember all my failures first, for I am the guy on this poster they are referring to.

And so it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome as a witness to a fools journey out of the darkness. I welcome all tidings - you are all my teachers on this path toward a meaningful and purposeful sobriety.

COG, 1st Cl.