Vocatus Atque non Vocatus Deus Aderit | Deo Duce, Ferro Comitante | Vox Populi, Vox Dei

The World Needs Less Junior Therapists and More Spiritual Mentors
Life is not Relative – There Are Absolute Rights, and Absolute Wrongs

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Ugghhh...

Today was my third to last day in the Big Apple...while walking down Fifth avenue to exchange a pen we happened by an old friend - 'The French Building'.  Quite the nod toward early twentieth century architechtural oppulence, in my view.  More notably to me, this is where I took my first course when I returned to college to finish my undergraduate degree at Pace.

Unfortunately, this was the high point of my day.  The rest was spent packing in New goddamned Jersey.  Ugghhhhhhh....packing.  Half the battle is knowing what to throw out.  Just think of it - for the most part we spend 1/3 of our lives working to buy stuff that will eventually end up in the junk yard.  As a very wise man said to me in the Waterman store today '...there will be no need for pockets in the last suit you will ever own'.  Talk about the "last analysis".

Thank goodness for friends;  I can't bear to the thought of going back to New Jersey alone again.  Two more days left - final packing tomorrow and then I'm off to the coast on Monday.  

This feels like the proverbial roller coaster ride three clicks away from free fall...click-click-click-.-.-.-.-.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome as a witness to a fools journey out of the darkness. I welcome all tidings - you are all my teachers on this path toward a meaningful and purposeful sobriety.

COG, 1st Cl.