Vocatus Atque non Vocatus Deus Aderit | Deo Duce, Ferro Comitante | Vox Populi, Vox Dei

The World Needs Less Junior Therapists and More Spiritual Mentors
Life is not Relative – There Are Absolute Rights, and Absolute Wrongs

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Et ad Matutinum Laetitia | 朝ジョイ来ます | Joy Cometh in the Morning

***************************************************************
     For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; 
weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.

Psalms 30:5 
**************************************************************
     Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

--Andy Dufresne, Rita Hayworth
***************************************************************
     Everyone became resigned to the certainty that I would have to be shut up somewhere, or would stumble along to a miserable end. How dark it is before the dawn! 

-- Alcoholics Anonymous 28:2
************************************************************
     How dark it is indeed!  This has certainly been my experience, for!  each time I have trudged on resigned that things would never, every get batter, unfailing, unflaggingly - they always did.  

     Our 12x12 teaches us that 'pain is the touchstone of all spiritual growth'.  These dark hallways of our own construction it seems God allows us to dwell in, firstly I think because we built them, but more importantly because these hallway's are the cloth which polishes our tarnished lives into gems.  A diamond after all is nothing more than a simple pile of dirt, subject to enormous heat and pressure over time - much like sobriety is.

     Hardship, it was once said, are the rungs one must ascend on the ladder of spiritual growth.  Amen to that.

     I must always keep in mind that when I am in such dark places, it is because I put myself there;  the blame, always!  is the guy looking back at me when I shave each morning.  There is a great freedom in that, to realize I am the architect of my own misery - and that is the relief of inventory identifying my grosser defects, followed by the ardent application of steps 6 and 7 coupled with amends, if indicated.  

     Living by spiritual principles does indeed solve all my problems.

     I love each and every one of you.  Thank you for my life.

     Yours in love and service,

--Child of God, 1st Class.
************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome as a witness to a fools journey out of the darkness. I welcome all tidings - you are all my teachers on this path toward a meaningful and purposeful sobriety.

COG, 1st Cl.