Vocatus Atque non Vocatus Deus Aderit | Deo Duce, Ferro Comitante | Vox Populi, Vox Dei

The World Needs Less Junior Therapists and More Spiritual Mentors
Life is not Relative – There Are Absolute Rights, and Absolute Wrongs

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Serenity Now | 近义词 名 晴朗

In Any Language...


Hope Begins Here.
If You Have a Problem With This Concept, Perhaps You are in the Wrong Place.

(Hint - read the title of the book)

God-
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.


Guð,
gefi mér æðruleysi til að sætta mig við það sem ég fæ ekki breytt,
kjark til að breyta því sem ég get breytt,
og vit til að greina þar á milli.


دعاء السكينه
اللهم امنحني السكينه لاتقيل الاشياء التي لا استطيع تغييرها
و الشجاعه لتغيير الاشياء التي استطيع تغييرها
و الحكمه لمعرفة الفرق بينهما


Kami-sama,
Watashi ni o-atae kudasai.
Jibun ni kaerarenai mono o
ukeireru ochitsuki o,
Kaerareru mono wa kaete yuku yuuki o,
Soshite, futatsu no mono o
wakeru kashikosa o.
(Courtesy of Roppongi Big Book & Traditions Group, Tokyo)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


|...we cheated today (with some urging from my sponsor) and took a much needed mental health day and drove into downtown LA. How I miss the cosmopolitan vibe of big city living! How wonderful it was to get to practice my crude Chinese a little, though I think our waitress was freaked by my dialect. I either ordered more tea or asked for the dimensions of the playgirl of the month; The bad news I got tea instead of a bunny. Oh well...


It was refreshing to take a break from the clubhouse and see the world a little with a couple of my favorite pigeons; the trick is to match up the talkers with the loners; they wear each other out, and I get to take a nap - genius. We even managed to catch an actual Big Book meeting, and oddly enough, nobody found it necessary to be special, different or shocking. What a relief to know that recovery is out there for those who seek it, and that there are actually traditions hanging on a wall somewhere that can be read without a magnifying glass.


Thankfully, I've only got 15 meetings to go there and then I'm on to other things. Aikido training has begun already; I've 60 days to lose 40 pounds to qualify for acceptance to my new dojo. This is where the real fun is - doing battle with yourself. Then it's on to our new Saturday Night Big Book Study - the 'Happy Destiny' group has been born.


A wise man once counseled me to 'be the change you want to see in the world'. Luckily, Chapter 11 tells us precisely how to do that.


Amen.


God bless us all, every one. The joy is in the journey.


COG, 1st Cl.|

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome as a witness to a fools journey out of the darkness. I welcome all tidings - you are all my teachers on this path toward a meaningful and purposeful sobriety.

COG, 1st Cl.