Vocatus Atque non Vocatus Deus Aderit | Deo Duce, Ferro Comitante | Vox Populi, Vox Dei

The World Needs Less Junior Therapists and More Spiritual Mentors
Life is not Relative – There Are Absolute Rights, and Absolute Wrongs

Monday, September 14, 2009

Tao Te Ching - Chapter 8













8

The supreme good is like water,
which nourishes all things without trying to.
It is content with the low places that people disdain.
Thus it is like the Tao.

In dwelling, live close to the ground.
In thinking, keep to the simple.
In
conflict, be fair and generous.
In governing, don't try to control.
In work, do what you enjoy.
In family life, be completely present.

When you are content to be simply yourself
and don't compare or compete,
everybody will respect you.


|...my sponsor has always been keen to remind me that '...if you work the twelve steps of AA to the best of your ability, as directed by the book Alcoholics Anonymous, and NEVER give a watered down message, some people will not like you;  a few will even hate you, but EVERYONE will respect you.  That is my experience.

When I try to carry the AA message as I was taught, some like me, a lot don't, and a sad few even hate me (
hatred takes up so much energy!-!).  However, a precious few people love me very much, truly and deeply, and at the end of the day - to be respected by all and truly loved by a precious few is more than any of us needs.  Besides, as long as God is clapping, that is all that really matters.  A great Carpenter once said:  "If my Father is with me, who can be against me"?


Love is so much easier!!!

Amen.



COG, 1st Cl.|

3 comments:

Welcome as a witness to a fools journey out of the darkness. I welcome all tidings - you are all my teachers on this path toward a meaningful and purposeful sobriety.

COG, 1st Cl.